The St. Catharines Downtown Association team is made up of our staff and board members.
Staff members carry out all activities of the Association as dictated by the board and its committees, comprised of BIA member volunteers. Association staff is comprised:
Tisha Polocko, Executive Director
Carolyn Watson, Communications Coordinator
Katherine “Kat” Heykoop – Social Media Coordinator
Our staff members are here to support and advocate for you and have a variety of responsibilities. The team hosts and organizes all meetings of the Association, manages and administers financial affairs, addresses member concerns and complaints, communicates parking, traffic, streetscaping and by-law issues and ideas from the membership to the City and/or region, issues a monthly online newsletter, initiates personal contacts, and maintains the membership database, responds to requests for information from the local community as well as tourist-oriented agencies and individuals, and works with community stakeholders. Contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-685-8424.
(Communications Strategy relocated to Member Communications subsection)
Board of Management
The board runs concurrently with City Council and nominations and elections of board members are done at the same time as the municipal elections, unless a board member has resigned and there is a vacant spot to fill in the interim. The current Board of Management for the 2018-2022 term:
- Stephen Bedford, Stephen Bedford Consulting (Executive Member)
- John Blanchard, Hughson Business Space Corporation (Executive Member)
- David Cooperman, Cooperman Real Estate Inc.
- Anita Couturier, Helen’s Delicatessen Ltd. (Executive Member)
- Joe Critelli, Critelli Fine Furniture
- Tracey Findlay, Niagara IceDogs Hockey Club
- Hondrea Hunt-Charbonneau, Grandma’s Basement
- Adam Hynam-Smith, Dispatch Restaurant
- Orhan Kerim, Erroll’s Shoe and Luggage Repair
- Robin McPherson, Janice and Robin Digital Communications (Board Chair)
- Mat Siscoe, City Council Representative
If you would like to reach a member of our Board of Management, or for general questions and concerns, please contact the St. Catharines Downtown Association office at email@example.com or call 905-685-8424.
(Information about Meetings – Board of Management and Committee – has been relocated to Board Meetings and Committee Meetings)
More About Member Resources
Meeting information for the Board of Management and for SCDA CommitteesMore About Board Meetings and Committee Meetings