On Saturday June 18th, the St. Catharines Downtown Association put on a Dutch-inspired flower market with help from many of our wonderful downtown businesses and fantastic performers.
The entirety of the festivities ran from 11AM to 7PM.
The activities included:
- The James Street Market
- Our Bloomin’ Selfie Wall
- Niagara Folk Arts Festival Cultural Arts Booth
- Hamilton-Niagara Brain Tumour Walk Pit-Stop
- Pilates by Kelsey “Van Dyk” McClelland
- A Floral Crown Workshop hosted by The Watering Can Flower Market (18 James St.)
- A Low Space Gardening Workshop at Archives Wine & Spirits Market (39 James St.)
- Bees & Pollinators Workshop, also at Archives Wine & Spirits Market
- A Plant & Seed Swap, and a Floral Craft Workshop on the lawn of Silver Spire United Church (366 St. Paul Street)
- ncStewards Pollinator Garden Tour
The day featured three musical acts; TD Jazz Festival’s Doug Mundy Duo, Sarah Beatty and Mel Monaco, all performing at the corner of James & St. Paul on the NAC Mobile Stage.
The day proved to be warm and sunny with a high attendance from people of all ages across the region. A wonderful way to kick off the summer!