COMMUNITY IMPROVEMENT PLAN
The Community Improvement Plan (CIP), adopted in 2004, provides a variety of financial incentive programs to encourage development/redevelopment in five (5) project areas in the City of St. Catharines, Downtown St. Catharines being one of the key areas. The grant programs available are intended to stimulate private sector investment in rehabilitation activities in the Community Improvement Project Areas.
The following grant programs are offered:
- Residential Conversion and Intensification Grant
- Residential Construction Grant
- Façade Improvement Grant
- Brownfield Financial Tax Assistance
- Brownfield Tax Increment Based Incentive Grant
- Tax Increment Based Incentive Grant
- Municipal Application and Permit Fees Refund
For further information contact:
Community Renewal Co-ordinator
Planning and Development Services
City of St. Catharines
PO Box 3012, 50 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R 7C2
Tel: 905.688.5601 x1723
Invest in and promote the improvement of Downtown St. Catharines.
A list of commercial properties available for sale or lease in Downtown St. Catharines can be found here.
Start Up & Grow in Downtown St. Catharines. Learn how InvestInSTC can help.