Proposed Changes to Downtown Parking
Posted on June 20, 2018
There are PROPOSED CHANGES TO PARKING in the Downtown Core of St. Catharines.
UPDATE: City Council has decided to refer the Downtown parking study for further public consultation. We will have more information when it becomes available.
A representative from your Downtown BIA (St. Catharines Downtown Association) will be present at the Public Meeting of St. Catharines City Council at Council Chambers, City Hall, 50 Church Street, St. Catharines on Monday June 25, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. to voice the concerns of our downtown business community. We urge all business members of Downtown Association to attend this meeting to have your say.
City Staff will be recommending the following changes:
- - Extend weeknight paid parking at on-street meters, the Garden Park surface lot and the Westchester surface lot from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- - Introduce Saturday paid parking at on-street meters from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- - Reduce the on-street maximum parking time limit from 3 hours to 2 hours (except for those who are Accessible Permit Holders which will remain at 3 hours)
- - Increase the hourly rates at on-street meters, surface lots and parking garages to $1.75 per hour in 2019
- - Increase the monthly surface parking lot permits to $82.50, $71.50 and $55.00 for the Monthly Parking Lot Pass A, B and C respectively
For full information, please follow the links below.
City Council Agenda for June 25, 2018 (see item 6.1)
This is YOUR opportunity to voice your concerns and/or opinions to City Council regarding parking in the Downtown Core of St. Catharines.
January 25, 2018 Letter from St. Catharines Downtown Association to City of St. Catharines regarding the Downtown Parking Study: parking-study-letter-jan-25-2018.pdf